The Rainforest Collection is a recycled leather mounted on a HDF core and finished in a floating floor format. The entire Rainforestcollection is available in a floating format in tiles or planks. Suitable for commercial and residential floor installations. Guaranteed joint integrity with uniclic joints®.
Our Rainforest Collection Recycled Leather offers the following advantages:
- Uniclic® joint integrity and ease of installation;
- High-Density Fiberboard (HDF) core provides extra density and stability;
- Mix and Match planks and tiles;
- Re-usability up to three times.
The recycled leather is also available in a full sheet size or in tiles as a glue-down option for commercial wall, furniture or floor installations on a special order basis. Contact us for details.
Styles & Sizes
Please note that due to variations in browser and monitor settings, the images and colors shown on our website may vary from the actual product. Please contact our customer service team for sample requests.
Installation & Maintenance
Installation is made for floating floors the same way as any other floor which uses the industry-standard uniclic® joint system. They require no adhesive and are easily removable when needed without having to undo the entire floor. You can also mix and match planks and tiles for unique designs. The Rainforest may be used throughout any location of the house except for wet areas such as a bathroom. Our leather lines are ideal to absorb sound; the Rainforest Collection floating floors have been rated for sound absorption including in high-end condominiums with strict requirements.
Please refer to the detailed installation instructions found on the document below and do not hesitate to contact our flooring consultants for any technical question related to your installation.
The maintenance for our leather floors is similar to a hardwood or cork floor. Follow these easy maintenance tips and spend years enjoying your EcoDomo floor:
- Dust-mop (with a non-treated, clean mop) or vacuum regularly to remove loose soil and fine dust particles that can scratch finished floors.
- Wipe up spills quickly with a cloth or sponge and clean as required and recommended;
- Use only Bonakemi Residential Hardwood Floor Maintenance Ph Neutral products;
- Never use wet mops, highly acidic or alkaline cleaners, non-recommended commercial cleaners or polishes, or treated mops that have been used to clean other floors or furniture.
- 70% or more of dirt on the floors in your environment is tracked in from the outside. One square yard of matting can capture one pound of soil. Use entry-way mats to capture tracked in dirt and soil, and clean them regularly. Rubber or fiber backed mats may stain or scratch floor finish.
- To help minimize expansion and contraction, use a humidifier or dehumidifier to maintain an even level of humidity. The recommended humidity range for all EcoDomo floors is 40% to 60%.
Architectural & LEED ® Specifications
- Style: Floating Recycled Leather tiles a/o planks with cork backing
- Description: Recycled leather mounted on a formaldehyde-free high-density fiberboard backed with cork with Uniclic® interlocking joint system
- Thickness : 3/8”
- Weight: 16 oz. per square foot
- Nominal Sizes: 15” x 15” x 3/8” and 7.5” x 36” x 3/8”
- Finish: Water-based warrantied floor protective finish (5 years commercial/ 25 residential **Custom sizes and colors available
- Taber Test (ASTM d 4060 – CS 17 wheel, 500 gr): 8,000 wear through cycles
- Static Load Limit (ASTM F970) : 005 inch
- Slip Resistance (ASTM C1028) : Dry: 0.98 Wet : 0.98
- Colorfastness (AATC- 100 hrs) : Class IV
- Critical Radiant Flux (C –ASTM e 648) : 0.41 (Class II)
- Surface Burning Characteristics ( ASTM E-84) : Class C
- FIIC Test (ASTM E989): 59 (no underlay) 61 (with underlay)
Test conducted over 8” concrete with no suspended ceiling
- Low-VOC (California standard Public School 01350) : Pass
Our recycled leather Floating Tiles may contribute to LEED ® for Commercial Interiors in :
- MR: 4.1/ 4.2 Recycled Content (pre-consumer)
- IAC: 4.2 / 4.3 low-emission adhesive and product
- Renewable: 6.0 Rapidly renewable resource and material
EcoDomo LLC is a member of the US Green Building Council and CoopAmerica. We consider paying for carbon credits, wind-generated electricity, and recycled materials as essential as paying for rent and other utilities. Visit www.EcoDomo.com for more details.
Download architectural specification for Rainforest Collection in pdf format